are articles, written by members of MOTH, about three significant historical
figures who have lived at the homestead.
1830 Thomas Macquoid kept
sheep on the Tuggeranong plain and in 1835 he purchased both Peter Murdoch's
2000 acres and John McLaren's 2560 acres land grants to establish "Waniassa".
Cunningham papers in the National Library are a record of a 26 year
correspondence between Mary Cunningham
of Tuggeranong Homestead and Lanyon, and her family and friends.
1919, war historian Charles Edwin Woodrow
(CEW) Bean and his staff occupied the Homestead where they worked
for five and a half years recording the Official History of Australia
in the War of 1914-1918.
further information contact MOTH. Permission to reproduce any of these
articles is given for research purposes only provided that acknowledgement
to the authors and MOTH is given.